Saturday, November 22, 2008

US Political Leader Flunk Civics Test

Unfortunately they're not identified by name.

US politicians have scored abysmally on a basic test measuring their knowledge of history and economics, with an average grade of just 44 per cent.

Ordinary citizens did not fare much better, scoring just 49 per cent correct on the 33 exam questions compiled by the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI).

"It is disturbing enough that the general public failed ISI's civic literacy test, but when you consider the even more dismal scores of elected officials, you have to be concerned," said Josiah Bunting, chairman of the National Civic Literacy Board at ISI.


I just took the test myself and scored 87.88, missing 4 out of 33 questions. Happily, only one of my misses was on government itself, the other 3 were on fiscal policy.

If you'd like to take the test yourself, go here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I scored 91.09. I missed the philosophy question and two others.

Not bad for quitting tenth grade.

Ronsonic said...

I missed two. I'd be happy and brag, but that's like celebrating a touchdown in the final moments of a 38 - 7 loss.