Saturday, September 24, 2011

NC BBQ Chain Sends BBQ To Texas Gov. Rick Perry

I mentioned here that Texas Gov. Rick Perry, currently running for President, has pissed off NC BBQ fans by describing some NC BBQ he ate (from King's BBQ in Kinston, NC) as "worse than roadkill." Now a NC BBQ chain, Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q, has sent the Governor some of their BBQ to try, presumably he'll have a better opinion of it now that he's running for President and subject to MSM scrutiny of everything he says (unlike, say, Barack Obama when he was running for President).

I have to guess that the Governor is going to be receiving a lot of BBQ from NC restaurants in the near future, as outraged Tarheels try to convert him to the NC BBQ style of chopped (and slawed) pigmeat BBQ with vinegar-based BBQ sauce. Frankly, I prefer Texas-style beef brisket BBQ myself, although NC BBQ is good, too. We'll see how the story shakes out, especially when Perry comes to NC to campaign.

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

I'm a NC BBQ fan. But I prefer sour to sweet.

Bob said...

@Borepatch: I'm going to have to visit Kentucky some day, and try out the mutton BBQ they make there. That's not one you hear about too often on the cooking shows.