Chris Muir's Day By Day

Friday, October 12, 2012

If Your Notion Of Cooking Squirrels...

...involved burning the squirrel's hair off with a propane torch, you're very likely doing it wrong.

Mich. Authorities say a blaze that displaced dozens of people from a southwest Michigan apartment complex may have been sparked by a resident trying to cook a squirrel with a propane torch.

Fire Chief Jim Kohsel tells MLive.com that the resident apparently planned to eat the animal and was burning off its fur on a third-floor deck at the building in Ottawa County's Holland Township when the fire broke out Wednesday. Flames spread to the roof. Kohsel says eight apartments are destroyed and others damaged.


Since this took place at an apartment complex and involved bizarre technique, I'm inclined to think that alcohol was probably involved, as well as a large dose of male stupidity.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Snerk... YGTBSM! One can only wonder what ELSE that dude was smoking???