Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Passing of a Classic

No more Coca-Cola in the iconic 6.5oz. glass bottles.

You know when those were at their best? In the summer, out of a cooler, on a dock or boat as you fished with friends and family.

When I lived in Spain during the mid-1980's, a favorite souvenir from trips to Morocco was the glass Coca-Cola bottle, labeled in Arabic. Everyone brought one home.

I'm guessing that Coca-Cola will probably still manufacture the glass bottles outside the USA; this "end of an era" might just refer to domestic sales.

2 comments:

SENIOR said...

I was just talking about them in the last week of my marketing class. Only 3 of us out of 15 knew that coke was sold in glass bottles. Holy Crap, I'm getting old.

ProudHillbilly said...

Walking home from 7th grade, regular stop at the soda machine at the feed store. 10 cents for an ice cold in a glass bottle.